The Southern Nest Blog

Our Headboard

When I first proposed the idea of using doors as a headboard, my husband looked at me like I had two heads. But I knew the look that I was going for, and I knew that he would like it once it was done. We were newlyweds, and had just started to purchase furniture for our home. Once I explained it to him in a little more detail, he agreed to the idea. It was our first home “project.”
He went to a local hardware store and purchased three doors (the width of the three doors combined was a bit more then the width of our bed.) We gave them two coats of blue-gray paint.

We bought over-the-door hooks for each door and hung matted pictures of sailboats from each one. (I made these picture frames the same way I did my hanging letters.)

We simply propped them against the wall, and have had them ever since!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Please follow and like us:

Comments

1. This looks soooo great. I love the color you chose to paint them šŸ˜‰

2. The Accent Piece says:

What a fun idea! Do you know what color you used? I've been thinking about buying a blue-gray like that for some furniture pieces.
    I'm a follower of your blog now – everything looks great!

3. Great idea! The headboard looks awesome! I love the color! I am your newest follower – hope you follow back and I look forward to reading all your posts!

-Sandra

4. Courtney says:

Well, thank you ladies! Unfortunately, I don't know what color it was. šŸ™ But I did find a great blue-gray color in Annie Sloan chalk paints–Paris Grey is the name. It's a bit lighter and has a bit more gray in it than my headboards do. Sandra, thanks for following! I'll be sure to check your blog out and do the same! šŸ™‚

5. Very cute idea! We have a door as a headboard as well in our guest room.!

6. lisaroyhandbags says:

I think this is such a great idea – love the grey šŸ™‚

7. Jess, Chic Technique says:

very well done! I love it when people think out of the box

8. Funky Junk Interiors says:

So beautiful! Your choice of colors offers such a serene feeling. LOVE the fact that this round it isn't about vintage nor distressed.

Shared this on FJI Facebook for SNS 92. šŸ™‚

Donna

9. Sunny K West says:

I'll be living in a rental soon. This is a great way for me to have huge amounts of color without having to pain the wall! LOVE!

10. Courtney says:

Thank you so much, Donna! I am honored that you shared it on Facebook as well! I love your blog! Sunny, great to hear! It's so very exciting when you know exactly how to make a space "you."

11. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

beautiful! and i love the little frames hanging on the doors, too- it all looks symmetrically appealing to me!

12. What an easy and chic idea! Love it!

13. Jen @ Bungalov says:

Nice! I too like how you hung pics from them.

14. Thanks, Megan, Cassie, and Jen!

15. Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia says:

I love this, I'll be featuring it tomorrow šŸ™‚
    XO

16. Cathy M~(checkitoff) says:

what a lovely idea! and so flexible to move. great idea!

17. Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating says:

Love Love Love! I can't enough of old doors, this is a great reuse of them They look beautiful as a head board. I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog and check out the giveaway I'm having for a Dremel Trio!

18. RhettDidntGiveADamn says:

Love this idea!

19. ThisHomeOfOurs says:

Hi new follower here. Love all your rooms. Great style.

20. WOW-I’m so excited to be your 100th follower from miss mustard seed-stop by for a visit!

21. Wow, that looks fantastic!